Trinity’s facilities are equipped with several cylindrical grinding machines with a capacity of up to 7.9 meters length to offer precision grinding. These machines have attachments for taper grinding as well. Fine surface finish of 0.4 µm can be provided, which can be improved with the use of a lapping attachment.
With a range of different grinding wheels, external grinding can be carried out on various surfaces such as:
- Steel, stainless steel, duplex, super duplex and Monel
- Chrome or nickel chrome plated
- Thermal sprayed components (tungsten carbide, ceramics and others)
- Induction hardened steel shafts
Trinity has machines to grind short length components for smaller bores. For bores greater than 100mm diameter, components of 1.25 meters length can be ground. Internal grinding is possible on a wide range of materials including:
- Cast iron
- Hardened/induction hardened bores
- Chrome plated bores
- Thermal sprayed bores
Trinity also offers surface grinding, particularly to cater to the automotive industry.